Established by the Josephite Fathers in 1951, St. Augustine High School is dedicated to educating young African-American men. St. Augustine High School commissioned Manning Architects, in a joint venture with Hewitt Washington and Associates, to design a new business and technology wing and renovate its existing facilities. Preliminary work entailed reassigning classroom uses and assessing the school’s priorities in order to meet budgetary constraints.
The facility included a 300-seat dining room, five computer labs, and a library and media resource center on the first two floors. The third floor houses faculty residences. Renovation of the existing 17,000-square foot building included expanded administrative offices, a new band facility, and a new weight training facility in the gymnasium.
St. Augustine High School
New Orleans, LA
Expansion: 32,000 sf
Renovation: 17,000 sf